As an extra special gift for gamers and Batman fans, the Batman/Fortnite crossover went live on Batman Day, which also observes the 80th anniversary of the Caped Crusader’s first appearance in Detective Comics #27. The Fortnite/Batman crossover event came into the game on September 21, 2019 and will stay until October 1, 2019. This means that the Tilted Town is now Gotham City.
This limited time event offers players the chance to complete the Welcome to Gotham City challenges to earn exclusive rewards.
Below is a list of all Welcome to Gotham City challenges.
- Deal damage to opponents with an Explosive Batarang (250)
- Light up different Bat Signals outside of Gotham City (3)
- Use a Batman Grapnel Gun in different matches (3)
- Defuse Joker gas canisters found in different named locations (3)
- Deal any damage to opponents within 30s of using a Batman Grapnel Gun (1)
- Light a Bat Signal, use a Batman Grapnel Gun, and deal any damage with an Explosive Batarang (1)
The “Caped Crusader Pack” of cosmetics and weapons will be available until October 6th. The Catwoman Comic Book Outfit is available through the Item Shop, and the Caped Crusader Pack can be obtained from the in-game store. There are other free rewards and challenges, until October 1st.
Epic Games’ official announcement contained some images which showed two outfits for Bats, one a more traditional gray-blue/black getup and the other an eyeball-bleaching homage to the Joel Schumacher flicks. A Bat-glider and a melee weapon appear to be on offer, too.
The players also get the following weapons- Batman Grapnel Gun and the Explosive Batarang.
The 10-shot Grapnel Gun can be shot at solid environment, and will launch the shooter toward it. The Explosive Batarang is, per its name, a homing explosive causing 50 damage to players and 200 damage to the environment. It can also be thrown into solid environment, where it acts as a proximity mine for enemies.